Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Looking up...

Alot of emotions flow through my mind when I think about how the Lord worked out Jake's uncertain job situation. I don't believe in coincidence, everything is part of a greater plan.

Let me fill you in, early December Jake came home from work and told me that his employer laid off twenty people. Then in mid-December he comes home and tells me they laid off more, this brought the casualties to close to 50 people (half of the company). Nothing says "Merry Christmas" like lay offs!

They encouraged the nervous few left that times were going to get better. So we remained hopeful, in the confidence that God is in control. Well, things got worse in our eyes. Jake came home again with bad news, fortunately, he still had a job, but now they cut a percentage of the employees salary to make ends meet.

Even though, we didn't know what was going to happen, we could not have been in a better position. Why do you ask? B/c our confidence was still in Him, and we knew that He would provide for our daily needs. We were going to be okay. No place safer than in His care.

After prayer and seeking wise counsel, Jake ultimately decided to stay at his company - "ride out the storm." That brings me to the beginning of February. Over the course of a week, Jake was approached by three unrelated friends that a particular company was interested in hiring him back. He touched base with this company to see what they could offer, and not expecting much, their offer was amazing. Like our God...amazing...I'm seeing a connection.

Jake has given his two-week notice and will be starting his new job soon. We don't deserve it. We don't understand it. We didn't do it. But I hope that we can bring honor back to Him.

Father, I didn't see this coming, but You did, and I pray that I don't get in the way of your plans.

No comments: