Well, my sweet husband bought me a sewing machine for my birthday seven years ago in hopes that I would learn. It took me a long time to make time to study and learn the machine, but thanks to a recent ^Groupon^ deal I took the chance. So three kids later I completed my first sewing class. And . I . Loved . It!
I was under the impression that it would take a LONG time to complete the projects. However, the instructor in my class taught me how to make a skirt in just two short sessions. This project was very manageable, and I learned five different techniques to sewing that I will be able to expand on with future projects. Don't get me wrong I know that some projects will take much longer - like a quilt, and I don't plan to attempt that for a very long time.
I have a feeling there are many "closet" sew-ers out there, and I need to find them. Although, I think that sewing is making a 'cool' comeback. What do you think? No?!
2 comments:
Your skirt looks fantastic! Way to go!
Thanks, Holly! It was alot of fun!!
Post a Comment