Total Pageviews

Monday, January 5, 2009

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart




I am sitting contently in my dining room in the quiet of the morning just before my little ones arise and keep me busy for the day. It is a day of reflecting, because today is my 30th birthday. Is it going to be a hard time to admit that I am 3-0? Well, if you would have asked me this 10 years ago or even 5 years ago I would have simply said, "Yes." But things are different than they were back then, and there is so much to be grateful for and excited for in what's to come ahead and what lies behind that setup the big picture.

  • Yes I do have a few more aches and pains in my back and bones, but they are from playing airplane or carrying my youngest from point one to point two. Worth it.
  • Yes I do have some wrinkles starting to form around my eyes, but they are from laughing at all of the funny things my husband says or smiling at my C when she says something that I would say. Worth it.
  • Yes my body isn't quite how it looked in my early twenties, but that is from carrying and delivering two precious kiddos. Worth it.

My husband J wrote a beautiful birthday greeting that I wanted to include that sums up things perfectly.

Erika,

Don't be sad that you are now 30 years old. I know that the best times and days of your life are ahead of you and not behind you. I have seen the woman I love grow and mature into a loving Godly woman. In the years ahead, I know you will become even more so. I am excited to see where God takes us in the next 30 years and know if we trust and follow Him it will truly be a great adventure.

Love,
Jake

Psalm 139:16b "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

So, thank you Heavenly Father for purposely putting me where I am. I truly want to seek joy in all of the adventures you have set out before me, because you are ahead of my days and are waiting for me to finish the race strong. I want to make this life count for your glory!

No comments: